Known Problems & Unsupported Features
Following features due to time constraints are known to be incomplete or nonexistent. Some bugs were discovered as destribution-dependent.
See also: Unsupported Features in 0.9 version
- (beta 1) Problems with opening a file in SQLite2 and SQLite3 format (.kexi database file) when KNoda is also installed.
- Reason: Either KNoda and Kexi instals hk_classes.magic information file for SQLite2 and SQLite3 file format.
- Solution: move hk_classes.magic file out of $KDEDIR/share/config/magic/ directory while running Kexi. fixed for Kexi 0.8 and 0.9 beta1
- (beta 1) See Known Errors in Kexi Packages
- (beta 1) Startup problem on Kubuntu Linux: after selecting a "Blank document" in the startup dialog, foolowing error appears "kexi: relocation error: /usr/lib/libkeximain.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZN13KDockSplitter24setSeparatorPosInPercentEi". Will be fixed for in 0.8 stable version.
- Reason: Problems with Kubuntu package.
- (beta 1) Font size in Properties Window is too small and unreadable.
- Solution: see answer on KDE Bug Tracking System. Will be fixed for in 0.8 stable version.
- (beta 1) Row deleting: works but screen and number of records is not updated within record navigator. Fixed for 0.8 stable and newer.
- (beta 1) Row inserting: does not work. Fixed for 0.8 stable and newer.
- (beta 1) Data-aware subforms can crash if parent for has data assigned as well. Fixed for 0.8 stable and 0.9 stable.
- Kexi User's Guide is not available (the text is prepared but not in english yet). Consult kexi-project.org web site to learn what features Kexi offers. Planned for 1.0 version.