Kexi 0.1 beta 4 Changes
(since beta 3 version)
Much improved Form Designer
- Form designer is now integrated as Kexi component (KexiPart)
- New features for editor to ease form creation even more : Widgets are
resized as you edit text to fit the text, dragging a widget holding Ctrl key
copy the widget, editing can be started by double clicking.
- Pixmaps are managed using a collection, what means can be stored outside of GUI project files, and can be shared by multiple forms.
- Connections can be created using a new dialog or by drag-and-drop
- Added a combo in toolbar to select widget style
- Support for label's buddy widget (using context menu)
- Tab Stops are editable using a special dialog; it can be managed automatically
(from top-left corner to bottom-right).
- New widget icons
- Lots of bugfixes and corrections for designer
Much improved Query Designer
- Saving, loading improved
- On switching between SQL and Visual modes, query design is preserved (using parser).
- Layout of tables in query's relation view is stored together with query schema.
- Renewed SQL history view now can be switched off and simple SQL status panel can be displayed instead.
- Kate Part (text editor) is now integrated for SQL View. Also works on win32 version.
Fixes in Table Designer
- Better updates on user's row/cell deletions/editions.
Data Table View
- Fixed data refreshing when needed.
- Improved combobox widget's drop-down button.
- Cell focus fixed in few cases.
- Many fixes for action handling, action availability updates. &dirty& window's flag better updated.
- Kexi Core (Parts, Actions) API improved
- Developer's Documentation, especially KexiDB Documentation improved.
- Added --edittext [<object_type>:]<object_name> command line option:
like --open, but the object are opened in Text Mode.